SAC Registration Form – Terms and Conditions – Acknowledgement & Agreement
By registering for or participating in the Southern Automotive Conference (SAC) as an attendee, exhibitor, and/or sponsor, you acknowledge and agree to abide by the following terms and conditions:
- To allow the Alabama Automotive Manufacturers Association (AAMA), and any of its affiliates, at their sole and absolute discretion, and at any time for any purpose, to reproduce your photo or likeness, or to use any video in which you appear, in any AAMA, SAC, or affiliated organization’s communications or publications including the Southern Automotive Alliance Magazine, websites, or any other publications or postings.
- Due to our need to fund certain expenses in advance, your payment as a registrant, exhibitor, and/or sponsor is non-cancellable, and no refunds are possible. However, substitutions as a registrant are allowed.
- All registration fees, exhibitor fees, and sponsor fees can only be applied to the current event, and cannot be applied to future registrations or other fees for any AAMA event, nor to membership fees.
- To allow AAMA, in its sole and absolute discretion, to publish your name and organization as a registrant, exhibitor, and/or sponsor for this event, and to release your name, organization, and contact information to exhibitors and sponsors of the SAC, in advance, during, and following the event.
- Policy on Suitcasing, Outboarding and Competitive Events. In order to protect our valued exhibitors and their investment in attending the SAC, our rules strictly prohibit “suitcasing” or “outboarding” by individuals, attendees or companies who transact business at the SAC or at official SAC hotel(s), who have not purchased an exhibit booth. By suitcasing or outboarding the show, an individual, attendee, or company gains an unfair competitive advantage over SAC exhibitors that have invested money and other resources to exhibit. SAC rules also prohibit any individuals, attendees, or companies from scheduling an event that competes with an official event sanctioned and publicized by SAC. “Competitive events” seek to draw conference attendees away from an official event sanctioned by SAC and are therefore detrimental to the success of the official event, and the investment by SAC sponsors. “Suitcasing” refers to those non-exhibiting companies or persons who go to the SAC as an attendee, but “work the aisles” from their suitcase/briefcase and solicit business in the aisles or lobby area. “Outboarding” refers to non-exhibiting companies that set up exhibits or events at off-site locations, hotel hospitality suites, or restaurants, and encourage SAC attendees to leave the conference and spend time with them. “Competitive Events” are any events that compete for conference attendees by being scheduled during the same or overlapping timeframe as an official event scheduled by SAC, whether the event is educational, an exhibition, or a social event. Those found to be in noncompliance with this policy may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the AAMA, be asked to leave the SAC, and may no longer be welcomed at, or allowed to attend, exhibit, or sponsor, at any future SAC events.
- To abide by any noise restriction requests made of you during the event. This will apply primarily while stage presentations are underway, during which time exhibitors and others in the exhibitor area will be asked to be quiet out of respect for our speakers and those listening to them.
- To produce photo identification if requested by AAMA or its agents and appointees, and to allow such individuals, at their sole discretion, to search any items you bring into the event area.
- COVID-19 ASSUMPTION OF RISK: I acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk of exposure to COVID-19 by attending this event, and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and/or death. I further acknowledge and understand the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself or others including, but not limited to, AAMA employees, volunteers, affiliates, program participants, other attendees, convention center personnel, hotel personnel, and others. I voluntarily agree to assume all of the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury, illness, damage, loss, claim, liability, or expense, of any kind, that I may experience or incur in connection with my attendance at this event.
- WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY: By registering for this event, I hereby, for myself, my heirs, administrators, executors, personal representatives, and assigns, do forever waive, release, and discharge any and all rights and claims for damages or losses, whether monetary, compensatory, or otherwise, that I may have against AAMA, and/or any of its officers, directors, affiliates, or agents, for any injuries sustained by me arising out of my participation in this event. I further agree now and forever to hold AAMA and/or any of its officers, directors, affiliates, or agents, harmless, and indemnify, and covenant not to sue them, for any and all claims, damages, judgments, and costs of whatever nature and form.
- I HAVE READ THE ABOVE INFORMATION ON COVID-19 ASSUMPTION OF RISK, AND THE ABOVE WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY AGREEING TO IT, AND HAVE AGREED TO IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.
- Failure to abide by any of these terms and conditions may result in your being asked to leave the event. Thank you for understanding.